Sunday 3 April 2016

Bookerville @ Putrajaya International Convention Center (PICC)


Good day fellow book readers. What can be more satisfying than a book? A room full of books? Or perhaps a sprawling space filled to the brim with books at enviable prices and a wad of cash in hand to purchase those gems? I’m pretty much sure that all of you would have chosen Option B, the choice which I undoubtedly put to the test yesterday.

On the 2nd of April 2016, I hopped out of bed before my alarm could rouse me out of dreamland. Some of you may be giving me quizzical looks, why not sleep in till late and have an awesome day lounging on the couch? Well, how could I when the Bookerville Carnival was being held at Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC).

Held for the third time this year from the 29th of March 2016 to the 3rd of April 2016, Bookerville never failed in its attempt to satisfy the most avid of bookworms like me. With over 5 million books at attractive prices filling every nook and cranny of the hall in PICC, I couldn’t help myself from reaching out to 9 attractive titles.

My haul of the day was:

1Brain Boosting by Michael Powell (firing up our natural hard-disk from time to time is essential).

2How Life Works by Andrew Matthews (one positive thought attracts another so let’s get positive – through reading, of course).

3Let’s Veg Out by Love Food (a book haul would be incomplete without something to feast your eyes on and maybe your tummy later if you have the time to cook after endless hours reading).

4Tranquil Wilderness: Colouring Book for Adults by Peter Murray (a little bit of magic to bring out the hidden child in every one of us).

5The Complete Idiot’s Guide to The Coconut Oil Diet by Maria Blanc and Dr. James Pendleton (to answer the niggling questions about this current health fad).

6The Valley of Amazement by Amy Tan (being an avid fan of Amy Tan’s books since high school, cradling this tome in my hands flooded me with lovely memories from reading her books).

7 Hotel K by Kathryn Bonella (if you think Guatenamo Bay is a notorious jail, read on to find out the atrocious notoriety of Bali’s Kerobokan Jail – otherwise known as Hotel K).

8Mysteries of the World by Ulrike Kraus (if you are a fan of the X-Files and the Tamil programme Andam [Unexplained Mysteries], this is the book for you).

9Lastly, drumroll please, Horror Stories by Tunku Halim (yeah, I can hear all the fans out there rushing to get a hold of this, beware the midnight hour).


Being in the book fair, I found myself drooling over the array of books like a kid in a candy shop. For those who would like to treat themselves to a book or two (maybe three, no make that four! Forget it! Grab three empty bags!), throw on your most comfortable ensemble and skedaddle over to Bookerville @ Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC). Today is the last day of the fair, so do make the most of it and wallow in the glory of books. See you next year at Bookerville! J

No comments:

Post a Comment