Wednesday 6 April 2016

39. Freaky Deaky - 150 Really Scary Stories by the Editors of CosmoGIRL! Magazine


BOOK REVIEW: Freaky Deaky – 150 Really Scary Stories by the Editors of CosmoGIRL! magazine

Oh! The horror! I just can’t take my well-deserved forty winks at night. Why you may ask? My brain is working overtime during my REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep, conjuring nightmares way worse than what horror aficionados can even think up. The reason for this atrocious malady is my love of reading supernatural stories especially when the clock chimes the dreaded midnight hour. So when I came upon this tiny palm-sized book of ghouls, ghosts, spirits or whatever you may call the ‘Other Realm’, I just couldn’t resist scaring the socks off myself.

A few years back the editors of CosmoGIRL! magazine started a column for readers to share their experiences with the supernatural. Readers sent in stories about things that have happened to them that seem to have no explanation – dreams they’ve had that turned out to predict actual future occurrences, pets with a sixth sense who knew when they were in danger and took them out of harm’s way, and even times when they felt like they’ve been contacted by loved ones who’ve passed away.


Though some of you may think that all this talk of invincible beings and silent voices are a bunch of hokey-pokey, you just might change your mind after reading this book. With true bone-chilling personal accounts with the Unseen, this book left a gaping feeling that someone was watching me though no one was at home....

No comments:

Post a Comment