Wednesday 13 April 2016

47. 300 Frogs - Frogs and Toads from Around the World by Chris Mattison


BOOK REVIEW: 300 Frogs – Frogs and Toads from Around the World by Chris Mattison

It’s either you hate ‘em or love ‘em. Thinking just what I’m rambling about? Let me give you a hint, this little critter peeks its head out when it rains? Still don’t get me? Well, I’m talking about frogs and toads. I can see those faces scrunching up in disgust at what you guys think are ugly, bulbous creatures with nary a touch of cuteness. But in all its negative publicity, have all of you ever wondered about the habitats, diet and breeding seasons of these sometimes elusive hoppers? If the answer is a yes dive in!

Covering some 300 species, subspecies and forms of frogs and toads, this book is an invaluable reference to this remarkable group of amphibians.

The diversity of frogs and toads is immense, yet the every existence of many species seems threatened, with many populations in decline, often for unknown reasons. 300 Frogs is a timely reminder of the hidden world of these unique animals:
·         The perfect introduction to frogs and toads in all their diversity.
·         Illustrated throughout with stunning photographs.
·         Text describes key aspects of form, natural history, and distribution.


With so much to know about these cute creatures (yeah, I can see you guys scrunching those faces again at my mention of cute), this book is a definite pick-me-up if you have a similar love for those jumping jacks known as frogs and toads.

No comments:

Post a Comment