Friday 11 March 2016

13. Bugs, Snakes, Spiders, Crocodiles by Barbara Taylor, Dr Jen Green, John Farndon and Mark O'Shea


BOOK REVIEW: Bugs, Snakes, Spiders, Crocodiles by Barbara Taylor, Dr Jen Green, John Farndon and Mark O’Shea

Being a Green Ranger (a volunteer to educate the younger generation on the environment and how to protect it), I show a keen interest to any organism that crawls, slithers, flies or just any other insects or reptiles. Although I have a over-the-board level of arachnophobia (fear of spiders), I still have a strong fascination to these alien-like albeit graceful creatures. This comprehensive book on reptiles and insects piqued my curiosity and I just had to flip through it.

More than 1500 fabulous wildlife photographs and illustrations provide a stunning close-up view of survival in the wild.

Exciting and accessible information provides an insight into every aspect of reptile and insect life and behaviour.

Besides that, this fascinating guide includes ‘Did You Know’ features that reveal amazing-but-true facts. For example, female aphids can give birth to up to 50 young in a week.


To me, this is an ideal book for both home and school study, and a superb family encyclopaedia. I’m just going to scoot over to the dining table as an eight-legged creature has stealthily crept up on me and googling me with its glassy eyes. Ewwwww! 

No comments:

Post a Comment