Saturday 5 March 2016

7. Chicken Soup for the Father and Daughter Soul


BOOK REVIEW: Chicken Soup for the Father and Daughter Soul

The saying “Daughters will forever be their daddy’s little princess” holds a meaningful place in my heart. As the one and only child and daughter in a family of three (mum, dad and me), I have always been the apple of my father’s eyes. Till this very day, whenever I take a nap with mum and dad by my side, I fall asleep while gripping my dad’s fingers. The love between a father and daughter is intertwined and can never be split apart, no matter the circumstances.

From the first time a daughter grasps dad’s hands and says her first words, to the day she moves out on her own, the bond between a father and daughter is ever evolving: dad goes from childhood hero (he still is to me), feared inspector of boyfriends, to the sage friend of adulthood. Daughters mature from perfect little angels into rebellious teens to accomplished women who are dad’s pride and joy.
This joyful and sometimes tear-jerking book celebrates this wonderful relationship with stories about childhood, the trying years of adolescence, the poignancy of leaving home and even the years when daughters often become caregivers. Every story in this special volume is sure to evoke the fondest of memories and rekindle the bond between dads and their little girls.


To me, this book meant a lot as it celebrates every little girl’s childhood hero and the special dad and daughter bond. Some of the stories contributed by various parties were so touching and even related to my own father-daughter moments. 

Before I end my book review, I would just like to make a shout-out to my awe-inspiring dad Kannan Renganathan. I love you dad and thank you for all the time, care and endless love you have showered on me. All the memories we have shared and will continue sharing till our last breath are and will be treasured by me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment