Sunday 18 April 2021

305. Life's Eternal Change by Flora Tan Phek Yee

 

BOOK REVIEW: Life's Eternal Change by Flora Tan Phek Yee

This is the most cringe book I have ever read. I'm sorry I had to start off with such a bad statement but I never knew a book could be this bad. Malaysian writers are good from what I have seen with Tunku Halim and Tan Twan Eng. After this book, I have such an adverse reaction I'm seriously beginning to doubt the writing capacity of Malaysian authors.

The story is supposed to about the relationship between Shane (CEO of Wallace Holdings Co.) and Ruby (Shane's newly appointed PA). There were elements of romance, bitterness of unfulfilled love and even ancient relics. But then it all crashes to hell with too many cringe factors.

First is the continuous inner monologue by all the characters. They seem to talk less to each other and more to their inner alter egos. It got so annoying at one point that I almost threw the book to one side. If you read this book you will get what I mean.

The next thing that irritated me to the point of insanity was the amount of making out throughout the story. I know the author was trying to create romance but continuous kissing and PDA??? I slapped my head in frustration whenever Shane and Ruby started their so-called "romance". 

All in all this shouldn't be a read at all but casted aside. I have never left any extremely bad review and I hope this will be the first and last. Sighhhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment