Sunday 7 June 2020

269. The Shining by Stephen King (MCO book #15)

BOOK REVIEW: The Shining by Stephen King

I am a huge fan of Stephen King since my teen years. Horror has been a huge part of my life, be it horror movies or scary stories. But Stephen King truly made me afraid of the dark with his macabre storytelling and unexpected twists where the darkest energies lurk around the corners. 

This book is not an exception and gave me a good fright. I even got the jitters when I saw my dress hanging from the door in the dark! What does the Master of Horror have in store for us this time?

Jack Torrance's new job at the Overlook Hotel is the perfect chance for a fresh start. As the off-season caretaker at the atmospheric old hotel, he'll have plenty of time to spend reconnecting with his family and working on his writing.

 But as the harsh winter weather sets in, the idyllic location feels even more remote...and more sinister. And the only one to notice the strange and terrible forces gathering around the Overlook is Danny Torrance, a uniquely gifted five-year-old. 

The morbid descriptions of blood, gore and pure supernatural scares will set your heart thumping out of your chest. The second book entitled 'Dr. Sleep' has been turned into a movie adaptation but I haven't watched it yet as book isn't read. What you waiting for? During this MCO, stay at home, turn off the lights and let's get scared out of our wits!

No comments:

Post a Comment